Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Real Me

"The only thing that can reforge and change a life at its root is love." page 105

"Your real self will not come out as long as you are looking for it; it will only emerge when you're looking for him." page 106

For the past 2 months or so I've been suffering from what I call my "post quarter life crisis" where I've been feeling anxious about not being in a career because I haven't really known what I've wanted to do. It has always been in my heart to help people, I just wasn't sure in what capacity that would look like. The more I root myself in Jesus, the more God has revealed the real me. God knows I love music and being able to help change people's lives, so one morning I woke up and just thought... music therapy. Helping people through music. You know it's from God when I'm excited to go back to school because I've never enjoyed school at all. So now I'm on the journey of becoming a music therapist. I'm love what God can reveal to us if we have an open, alive, awake and surrendered heart.

1 comment:

  1. I love the second quote. The first time I read it, it was as if the most important light bulb ever went off.

    ReplyDelete