Monday, March 12, 2012

Entitlement

"By saying "did not come to be served," he assumes that he had every right to expect to be honored and served when he came, though he did not exercise that privilege." Chapter 12, page 140

Jesus, the Son of God, had every reason to feel, be and act entitled to everything. He died for all of humanity, he deserved to be treated like a king and yet he was an extremely humble man. As I sit here typing this blog entry, I'm in awe of Jesus and I'm really convicted. I can't even tell you how many times I felt entitled to something because of my spiritual resume. Far too often I've told God, 'Why won't you give me what I want? I've lead in the teens for 5 years and a singles bible talk, when am I going to get what I desire? People around me who haven't done half as much as I have are being blessed, that's not fair!'.... well it wasn't fair that Jesus had to die for all of us and his spiritual resume trumps everybody's and it always will. Jesus loves us and that's why he died for us. Am I serving out of gratitude and love for his sacrifice? God knows I need to check my motives everyday. I'm not entitled.

No comments:

Post a Comment